Wednesday, January 18, 2017

September 2016

September was a busy month. Right after Labor Day Levi started kindergarten. He attends Gardiners Avenue Elementary School. His teacher is Mrs. Minogue. She is a great teacher and Levi likes her. She told me at first Levi was shy and quiet, but now he's warmed up and talks to her and has many friends. When the weather was warm we would walk to school. It is a half mile one way and took us 17 minutes to walk. Now that it's cold, I just drive every morning. 

 

Levi did not want to initially start school. I think he was afraid of being somewhere without me and with all new people he did not know. I did not blame him. I felt a little bad myself just dropping him off at the door and basically telling him to go in and figure everything out on his own. I thought the first day they were going to have to drag him in the school kicking and screaming. But, that was not the case. He did wonderful. I tried to prep him prior to school starting and get him excited. We even went and toured his school before it was in session. Right before it started he told me was as excited as the size of a hair. Goofy kid 😄

 

 
Levi lost his first tooth while at school. He told me it fell out and he put it in his pocket and didn't tell anyone. He was so excited to tell me when I picked him up that day. He soon lost his second bottom tooth a week later while on vacation camping. 

 
Here's little miss, so pretty. 

 

One Sunday we took a drive up to Oyster Bay. It was really beautiful. You can see Malachi in the back. Though we told him not to play in the water, he just could not resist. 

 

When Levi was in school one day, I went with a couple friends to the lighthouse on Fire Island. It is a mile walk on a boardwalk to get there. It was a beautiful perfect warm day. 
 

 Here's Malachi and his bud Jeffery. 

One Saturday we took a drive up to the north shore. This was probably the last beach day we had before it got cold. Off to the right in the picture we could see Connecticut. 
 
 
  We had several backyard fires. We all love to sit around a warm fire and roast marshmallows. The boys call having a fire "camping".  

Maya and I watching Adrian chop some wood. 
 

Apparently the best place to nap is on a heaping pile of clean laundry. 
 

Beautiful little Maya. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment