Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Kid update

Having two kiddos makes time go by twice as fast it seems. I can't believe Malachi will be 4 months in a couple days. 

Here's an update on Malachi:


He started rolling over on June 30th. He rolls from belly to back. He rolls any time he's put on his belly. I used to be able to put him on his belly and he would fall asleep on his own. Now, I lay him down and he immediately rolls. I've been having to train him to fall asleep on his back. Needless to say he's been sleeping a lot less during the day because he rolls all the time. But I have learned that he likes a blanket by his face to snuggle into. He stills sleeps well at night, getting up only once to eat.

He coos a lot and giggles and laughs. He easily smiles any time he gets attention.


He is able to grab things with his hands. I even caught him switching a toy from one to another. 

He likes stroller rides, as long as we are moving.

He nurses really well and I only give him a bottle when we are out and about. And even with a bottle he gags on formula so he hardly eats it.


He is content most of the time. He only fusses when he's hungry or tired. Or when I've eaten ice cream cause it gives him a belly ache.


He is entertained by watching Levi run about, which is a lifesaver to me cause I couldn't entertain them separately. 

Here's a pic of the little guy today :)

Here's how Levi's been:

He is talking so much. It amazes me how everyday he says more complete words and sentences. 


He has started to sing. It's the cutest thing. He mainly sings Twinkle Twinkle little star. He even will sing to Malachi when Malachi is sad to try to cheer him up.


He has started to scream loud really randomly. I hate to say this, but it is quite annoying. He will even purposely scream at Malachi when Malachi is sleeping so it wakes him up. 

He loves riding his bike. He hardly gets off his bike when he is outside. We have even let him ride his bike around in the mall when we go the mall. 


He graduated to a big boy bed (twin bed) when we moved. The first couple nights I found him on the floor, but that only lasted a few nights. He stays on it really well and he lays right down for naps and bedtime. He doesn't even try to play with the toys in his room, he just lays right down and goes to sleep. I do keep the door shut during the night though, I caught him once in the middle of the night heading to the kitchen saying he wanted some juice. Now he actually prefers the door shut, he will get up and shut it if it is not. We do not have the box springs under the mattress yet. We tried it one night and he fell hard right on his face :(


He is starting to eat a more varied diet. We cut his milk intake back from 3 cups a day to 2 because we found out he was anemic (milk inhibits iron absorption). We've been supplementing him with iron pills and have been trying to get him to eat more meat.


He still loves to read books.

He is still quite shy in social situations. If there is more than 2-3 kids he will more likely watch them play than participate himself. He still likes Adrian or I to hold his hand and play with him when there is crowd around.


He is so fun to be around. All he ever wants to do is play and he loves to play with Malachi. He is such a good big brother. He loves to hold Malachi's hand.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Malachi's eyes are gorgeous! What a handsome little man! You really do have the cutest kids. I absolutely love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete