Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The big move


We've made the big move from Kirksville, Missouri to Clinton, Utah. The week we moved was one of little sleep. Adrian took his DO step 1 test on June 17th in St. Louis. After his test he picked my parents up at he airport at midnight and drove the 3 hours home. Having my parents help us move was a lifesaver, we could not have done it without them. They helped us pack boxes, clean the house and load the truck. At 2 am on June 20th we hit the road for our big move. My dad started out in the huge moving truck by himself while the rest of us dashed off to the Kansas City airport 3 hours away. My mom flew with me and kids and Adrian met up with my dad and they towed the car behind the moving truck. They set out on a marathon drive of about 20 hours nonstop. My mom, the kids and I landed in Salt Lake at 8 am and headed to our new house in Clinton. We were not impressed at the first walk through of the house and we ended up cleaning the whole house, including the carpets that first day. Adrian and my dad made it to Clinton that night at 11pm. The next few days we painted walls, got a fridge and a washer/dryer, and got a lot unpacked. The neighborhood is nice with a lot of families and kids about. The house is 4 level home, just like the one we left in Kirksville, this new house is bigger though, with a 2 car garage and big fenced in back yard. The new ward seems nice with a bunch of young families like ourselves. We think we'll enjoy it here and we already love being so close to family.  It took Levi a couple days to adjust to the new home. For a few days he kept saying "bye bye new house", wanting to go back to our old one. Both the boys did okay on the plane ride. They both had their moments where they were throwing fits, but it went better than we expected. Levi loved to look out the window during takeoff and landing. He was totally still and all he could say was "wow" as we were taking off. He stills talks about how he rode in an airplane high up in the clouds. As we've settled in Adrian started his rotations today at Davis Hospital doing internal medicine. This is suppose to be the toughest rotation and he gets 2 months of it right off the bat. He is super excited though to be out in the clinical field and not studying in the library every day. I am trying to finish unpacking and am desperately looking for a nursing job that will take me on just the weekends. I think I may just call my old job and ask if I can come back, it's only 20 minutes away. 

 Inside the moving truck. Levi would help push boxes from the back of the truck to the front.

No more couch, so we had to rest on cushions or the floor.

I did not think Levi would sleep without a bed because he has never fallen asleep anywhere but in bed or the the carseat. But he surprised me when I found him snoozing on the floor.


One last family photo in front of our Kirksville home. 


Levi in our new home, happy to be back on routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment