Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tammy's Routine



We've settled into a good routine in Clinton. The boys usually sleep until 7, at which time I get the boys fed and dressed for the day. I've been potty training Levi for the last week and he is doing fantastic. I have to take him every 30-45 minutes, but he catching on pretty quick. It may sound bad, but I bribe him to go so often. I bribe him with snacks, just a couple things every time he goes. 
I usually exercise in the morning before lunch sometime. Every other day I run and the days in-between I try to do some resistance training.  I'm also trying to eat less sugar. I finally admitted to myself I have a sugar addiction and to be able to lose these last 10 lbs of baby weight I've got to really eat better. It is sometimes hard to exercise with two little kiddos around, but exercising is really the only thing I do for myself. 

Winter is a bit harder for all of us because we can't go outside as much.  We had a few weeks of really nasty smog, but the last week it's been completely clear and sunny so we've been able to get outside again. It's refreshing for all of us. Levi loves riding his new bike, especially over the ice and snow. I can tell Malachi loves to go for walks too. We go around the block, to the park or to the duck pond. 

I work at ManorCare which is a skilled nursing facility as a Registered Nurse. This was my old job before we moved to Missouri. I had a hard time finding a job that only would take me weekends, so I went back to my old job. It is only 20 minutes away. I work 3-4 days a month only on the weekends working day shift (6am-2pm).  I don't even feel like I have a job. I go, do my 8 hours and don't ever think about work until I go back. It is nice to not dwell on work at home. Adrian watches the kids while I work and though he enjoys being with the kids, by the time I get home he tells me he is in survival mode.

Adrian's car was in the shop for 8 weeks. Yes, this is the car he bought just a few months ago. We had to have the engine basically rebuilt and there were a lot things wrong with it. It cost us way more than anticipated, but we're hoping Adrian's school will approve an emergency loan for the cost. So, for the most part of 8 weeks I have not had a car to go anywhere during the day. I've had to be very creative as far things to do to entertain the kids. 

We got put into a new ward in October. Since the ward boundaries were redone, they had to start from scratch with callings. Adrian got called to be the secretary of the Young Men. He is very excited to be with the young men. Since he was converted at age 22, he never experienced the Young Men program first hand. I got called to be with the sunbeams. They had me move up with the same kids I was teaching with the new year so I now teach the CTR 4 class. This was the exact same calling I had in Missouri for 2 years. I enjoy being in Primary, but it is sometimes tiring to try to keep ten 4 year olds under control!!

The only other things going on in my life is all the household chores. I must admit, I have no motivation to do the same chores day after day. Laundry, dishes and cleaning over and over. I frequently just play with the kids instead of doing my housework.

We like our neighborhood in Clinton.  There's a lot of families with kids, but we haven't gotten to know most of them because a lot don't go to our church and we only see them in passing. We get along with a lot of people at church, but don't really have many friends we do things with. In fact, the only person I see outside of church is my neighbor 2 doors down (and I know her from church). I babysat her boy for a few months while she went to school and now we have play dates every now and then. It's hard to meet new people in the ward when I'm in primary. As far as my neighbors, they seem to keep to themselves and I only see them in passing.

Levi and Malachi are so fun to take care of each day. Levi is talking so much and he says the most random things that often times has me laughing out loud. I recently told him that when papa goes to work he helps people have babies (Adrian's doing an OB/GYN rotation). Levi then said "papa going to work to make babies." I can't stop laughing at that one. Malachi is so active he loves to be right in the middle of the commotion. He is in such fun stage where he is so curious and is discovering how everything works. Since the day Malachi was born Levi has always right by his side. And I hate to say this, but Levi pesters him all day long. Levi bumps, pushes, takes toys away and growls at him all day long. I think it's just Levi's age and he needs to mature more before he stops. He seems jealous of any attention Malachi gets. But it really is all day long. I feel like a referee all day long and it's exhausting sometimes. But, I love my kiddos and enjoy being home with them all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment