Sunday, January 4, 2015

Grandma Vera

My grandma, my father's mother, Vera Davis Bulloch passed away on November 14, 2014. 

That evening my aunt Nicole had been with her when she started having chest pain. Nicole asked my grandma if she had been taking her medications lately and my grandma said no. So, Nicole left to go to the pharmacy to pick up my grandma's medications. When Nicole came back about 1.5 hours later my grandma was laying in her bed cold and blue. Nicole ran over to my aunt Lesa's house across the street and Lesa and her husband Matt started CPR. Family and ambulances were called. My grandma had no vital signs or heart activity. They transported her to the hospital where they intubated her and ultimately pronounced her dead. We're assuming it was from a heart attack since she was having chest pain earlier that evening.

A photographer was hired to take pictures of the funeral. These pictures were from her funeral.





 At the cemetery. 

Malachi putting a flower on her coffin.

We gave Levi a flower to put on her coffin, but he did not want to.

We had some family pictures taken at the luncheon after the burial.


I did not know my grandma Vera very well. I visited her a few times a year in her home. I saw her at family get togethers. At her funeral everyone talked so well about her and stated she was elect lady. I feel as if I missed out personally because I did not get to know her well.
There was two chances in her last month when I could have gone to go visit her. Both times I did not go because I did not want the hassle of going with the boys. Now, I wish I had gone.

As the family has gone through her home and personal belongings, I have acquired a large amount of her food storage. I've been really concerned lately about getting our family's food storage in place. This was definitely a blessing for our family and an answer to my prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment