Sunday, January 4, 2015

Halloween 2014


Adrian was gone on Halloween. He had an interview in El Paso that day. 

When I asked Levi what he and Malachi wanted to dress up as for Halloween he said he wanted to be a bat. And he wanted Malachi to be a mosquito. Adrain and Levi often play a pretend game where Levi's hands are bats and Adrian's hands are mosquitos. In Levi's mind, bats eat mosquitos. So, it was quite funny that Levi said he wanted Malachi to be a mosquito. 

I made them both bat costumes. All it was, was felt wings connected to the bottom of the shirt sleeves and side of the shirt. I matched that with sweat pants and that's it. I did make a mask for Levi and hat with bat ears for Malachi, but neither of them wore those. 

The day before Halloween went to a Halloween Party at Kolob Regional with Cari where she works. The boys trick or treated to the resident's who were lined up along the hallway. They both enjoyed getting candy in their buckets. 
On Halloween night, we trick or treated around my parent's neighborhood with Cari and LeAnn's families. The boys lasted about ½ an hour before they were done. 

Here's their candy haul. They basically liked to play with it. Levi does not like candy so I ate most of his. Malachi was not into the chocolate candy bars so I ate those for him. All in all I'd say I ate 80% of both their candy. 

I made some halloween shaped jello jigglers for the boys. All they did was squish them and would not eat them.

I got pumpkins for the boys from my mom's garden. Cari invited us to go to a pumpkin farm in town so we went with her too.


I carved both the boys pumpkins. We carved a spider on Levi's and a cat on Malachi's. It was a lot of unappreciated work that rotted way too fast. Levi did enjoy pulling the seeds out of his though.

No comments:

Post a Comment