Thursday, June 11, 2015

Spring 2015

Spring started out with Adrian being in Las Vegas for a month. He was doing a rotation there in the Pediatric Intensive care unit at the University Medical Center. He stayed with my aunt Bonnnie and uncle Richard who live in Vegas. He had to work a very hard schedule. He worked a resident's schedule which was about 90 hours a week. They even had him working 30 hour shifts. It was after working a 30 hour shift that Adrian wreaked his beloved eclipse. He was turning left and got T-boned. He called me immediately after and told me he had wreaked his car. He sounded very calm and not in shock at all. He later told me he had been feeling like he was going to wreak his car and after it happened he thought "ok, now that's over with".  I was very surprised he sounded so collected. He did a quick assessment of himself and determined he had no injuries. He did have some glass impaled in his skin that he took out and he did feel some muscle soreness later from the impact. His car was a total loss and luckily the insurance gave us some money for it. 


This accident came shortly after he found out the news of not matching to a residency spot. Poor guy. It was really hard for him going through these hard trials being away from his family. While he was in Vegas he had to work on his birthday. Since he was away from us my aunt and her family took him out to dinner and got him a birthday cake.

Once he was done with his rotation in Vegas, which was shortly after his birthday, we celebrated his birthday here at home. We went riding 4-wheeler near Kannaraville and cooked a dutch oven dinner of chicken and potatoes. Complete with a dutch oven cobbler and some ice cream. The boys love to have adventures. Malachi especially loves riding 4-wheelers and motorcycles. My dad had a shovel with a short handle that was just Levi's size and Levi enjoyed digging holes. Since it was also around Easter we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Levi loved looking around for the hidden eggs and was really excited to have an Easter egg hunt. Malachi was only a little into it. I don't think he really knew what was going on. He did love the treats inside though. 

We colored Easter eggs with my family while Adrian was in Vegas. Adrian was away last year when we colored eggs and he still has never colored Easter eggs  in his life. We rolled our eggs with Cari and Camber down a small hill by the dikes. 

We had on our bucket list to go to Bryce Canyon before we moved to Florida. I had only been when I was a small child and do not remember that experience. We went with Cari, Camber, Jana and Mason. We all piled into Jana's Tahoe and rode together. 


It was very pretty. It looked perfect to me, like a picture, not real at all. Went to the main lookout and then we hiked around part of the rim for a while. Malachi's favorite part was seeing the horses from people riding horses through the canyon.



We had a restaurant recommended to us to get some pie there. So we went out for pie afterwards. Levi was so tired he fell asleep on the table. The drive was 1.5 hours each way. The boys did not like being cooped up in the car that long. I knew the drive to Florida was going to be a hard one just by this little drive to Bryce Canyon. 

We went to Sand Hollow with Cari and Cambree. It was absolutely perfect weather. We laid on the sand and it was not too hot and not too cold. We took a lunch and had a picnic by the lake. The water was a bit chilly and I did not plan on us getting in. I did not bring swimming attire  for any of us. I should have known that I cannot keep these boys out of water. They were both soaked by the time we were done. It was a great time to relax. We were the only people there for most of the time.

It is very hard to pack with two little  boys running around and me having to attend to them. So, Adrian went on a 4-wheeling outing with my parents, Jana and Mason. They spent most of the day out and had a great time.




Packing this time around seemed a lot harder than times past. Usually I have to start packing a couple months before the move because I have no help. But, we procrastinated this time since Adrian was off to help pack and my parents were around to watch the boys. We waited to start until the last two weeks. We got so sick of having to pack every day. I was very glad when all the packing and cleaning was done. But, that also meant that it was time to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment