Wednesday, February 24, 2016

January/February 2016

Here's a quick update on things we've done in January and February. I'm just going to keep it simple and update with pictures.

January-March is supposed to be the cold months here. Cold as in around 70 degrees. We pulled out our jackets and had on pants 1 or 2 mornings. But, all in all, it's not cold here. At least not the cold we're used to. 

We've had warm rainstorms. I let the boys go splash in puddles in the yard. They like to get their sidewalk chalk wet and color with it. 



I try to teach them things at home. Here they are feeding their monster letters. It entertained them for a lot longer than I expected.

Since it's not boiling hot, we've been able to get out and play. We came across an alligator on one of our walks. It's actually the very fist alligator we've come across "in the wild". This one was about 5 feet nose to tail tip. Levi threw sticks at it until he scared it away.

I couldn't keep these boys out of puddles if I tried. I always let them get wet. It's really not a big deal. I just strip them down at the truck and put dry underwear on them for the ride home.


Here's me a few days ago at 37.5 weeks. Photo credit Levi.

I hardly post any pictures of me, so here I am. I can tell just by looking at my face I've gained weight in this pregnancy. Oh well, I'm supposed to gain weight :)

Early January. Day at the beach at the Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. There were a lot of people there including a lot of surfers. Adrian and I did not get in the water. The boys did not seem to mind that the water was a bit chilly.

My first ever selfie.

Flying our kite. It's not usually windy, and this day there was not a consistent wind so it was a bit tricky to keep the kite up. The boys loved it.

Little boys go with mud.

Adrian dug a hole in our backyard and filled it with water to make a mud hole. We let our boys be boys.


Saturday matinee to see Kung Fu Panda 3. It's the first family trip to the movie theater.

We had LeAnn, Jared, Kendi and Aydri come visit us. We had such a fun time. We hit the beach every day. The first day we went to Juno Beach. The air was a bit windy and chilly. In fact the water temperature was warmer than the air. The kids did not mind. They all got in the water and bundled up in blankets afterward. We went to the sea turtle rescue center afterwards.


We went to Peanut Island one day. It was a beautiful warm day. The island was gorgeous. We took a 10 minute water taxi to get to the island. Here's some of the kids waiting to get on the ferry.

Here's Levi and Adrian at the dock on Peanut Island. The water was turquoise, clear and shallow.


There was a shallow reef that was popular for snorkeling. At high tide water from the Caribbean brought in tropical fish. There were lots of colorful fish to see and we saw a bunch of manatees. 

It was perfect for the kids to play in since there were no waves crashing on shore.

Here's part of the lagoon on the Island. It was so beautiful.


We had such a fun time with LeAnn and Jared. We played hard everyday and had to have a day to recover from all the playing. We're so glad they came to visit!


We found a new park to play at.

These boys.... I really was not surprised that they ended up naked while jumping in the sprinkler on the trampoline. I love this photo!!

The boys found a dirt pile at the park. We got yelled at for playing on it, so now we don't go there.

These boys love to collect bugs in bowls. 

It's winter and it's finally cooled down enough to have a picnic outside. 

Malachi gets sad when he misses giving Adrian a hug goodbye.

The boys playing in the rain! I love this picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment