Saturday, February 20, 2016

Levi lately

I need to update on how Levi is lately. He's such a fun kid. He's 4 years 9 months.

He can tell when I'm in a bad mood and he'll come up to me and give me a hug and tell me he loves me.  He also likes to pick flowers from the yard and give them to me, knowing I love it when he does. 

He wakes up around 6:45 am every morning. He sleeps well in the night and we're still working on potty training during the night. He goes through phases of having accidents. 

He absolutely loves playing wrestle with Adrian. It is the highlight of his day and he looks forward to  it all day.

For the most part he knows his letters, both upper and lower case. I've been teaching him at home. We just play games that teach him. 

He enjoys playing with other kids. This seems like a "duh", but he always initiates play with other kids at the park. I wish I had been better setting up playdates with other kids, I just don't know a lot of people here and have not made a great effort to do so.

He eats almost everything I put in front of him. If the food looks "iffy" I'll tell him to try one bite and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to eat it. Usually after that one bite he'll say "it's delicious" and eat the whole thing. He especially loves fruit. He'll eat any kind of fruit and gobble it up. His favorite is probably strawberries. 

He is very persistent with what he wants. He'll ask and ask and ask about things until he gets his way or we get after him to stop asking. Adrian always says he'll be a great business man because he'll persist until he gets what he wants. 

He is a great story teller. He'll make up stories and go on and on with them. They are great and entertaining. Right now most of his stories have to do with someone being teased. 

He's good at helping me clean the house and do the house chores. He'd rather play, but is learning how to work too.

He's got a piggy bank and does certain chores to earn money. He knows he can take that money to the store and buy what he wants. 

He loves to look at books and have me read to him. We go the library every week for story time and pick new books. He'll sit by himself and look at the pictures and know most of the words that go along with the pictures just from me reading it a couple times. 

He also loves to watch movies, play at the park, splash in the puddles and jump on the trampoline, especially with Adrian. 

He loves to play with Malachi. They play good and also fight good :)

He is very animated and loud. We love it. If he's excited he's laughing loud. If he's sad, he's crying loud. 

He definitely prefers to be around people and the worst thing we can do to him is put him in a room by himself. 

He loves the beach and loves going in the deep water. He has a life jacket and likes to float and try to swim to Adrian and I. He has to have his goggles on to protect his eyes from the salt water. 

Every day when Adrian walks through the door from work Levi will rush up to him and tell him in giant voice "Welcome Home" and give him a hug. He also likes to make sure he gives Adrian a goodbye hug anytime Adrian goes somewhere. 

His favorite color is "Rainbow".

He pretends his hands are "baby turtles". They are his imaginary friends. Sometimes if Levi gets into trouble he'll tell me the baby turtles did it even though he told them not to. 

He does great at church and enjoys going to primary. His teachers tell me he is great and obeys and stays in his seat. They also told me he likes to untie his shoes. 

We sing him songs every night as he lays in bed and he says his favorite song is "Follow the Prophet". 

He likes to play Super Mario Brothers on the Wii. His favorite thing to do is get the mushroom houses. 

His favorite movie right now is Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2.

His favorite treat is a donut. Especially with sprinkles. 

He still has his two blankies he sleeps and snuggles with. 

He is so much fun to be around and brings so much love and joy into our lives. We feel so blessed he is in our lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment