Saturday, July 1, 2017

June 25, 2017-Last week of School


This past week was the last week of school. We are now officially in summer vacation. We had our first pool day and are looking forward to going there several times a week. Leavittown has free pools for residents around town. We have a pool at the top of our street. 

Adrian: Adrain had a very busy week. He easily commutes 3 hours a day. He often has to go to a derm clinic for the morning and then drive to another clinic for the afternoon. The commute is hard. It's not a stready easy going drive. It's busy traffic with reckless, aggressive drivers around. He also accidentally blew a fuse on his car a week ago and spent the week commuting without air conditioning. And then, the passenger window broke and he couldn't roll it down for fresh air. We did get the AC fixed yesterday so now he won't be melting. The kids only saw him 2-3 hours during the whole workweek. 

Tammy: I got a new calling to be 2nd counselor in the Primary presidency. I will admit I was a bit sad to leave my old calling of teaching Relief Society. I taught Relief Society once a month for about 6 months and it was my first calling teaching adults. I felt like I really grew in becoming more comfortable teaching adults and by the last lesson I gave I felt like I was able to get up and lead a discussion rather than a prepared word for word lesson of the topic. I exercise about 3 days a week. A few days ago the landlord put pesticide on the grass without me knowing and I walked on it barefoot. I got sick the next day and I believe it was from being exposed to the pesticide. I'm quite upset he didn't tell me he did it, but at least the kids had shoes on, which was seriously a first. 

Levi: Levi had last week of Kindergarten. He is so excited to have summer vacation and play all day, but he is sad to leave his teacher and friends. His teacher Mrs. Minogue was great. Here's last day of school pictures. 
 

 

Here's some art work from school. He learned so much over the school year. He can read small sentences and can write phonetically. I'm so proud of how he's grown. 
 

He is so good to take care of Maya. They both love to play and laugh. Here Levi naturally helped her read a book. 
 

Malachi: Malachi hangs out with Maya and me all day. He helps me with chores and we play games. Lately he's been getting up out bed after I put everyone down for the night. He comes downstairs all sad saying he needs me to snuggle with him. I think his love language is physical touch so I usually try to lay by him, scratch his back and sing him a few more songs. 

Maya: She's been cutting more teeth and has been quite clingy. I don't mind unless I've got some things which really need to be done. She is so fun and playful. Always smiley. She climbs on the chairs then into the table. She climbed on Thomas, put her hands in the air and said "look, look." I never get her off Thomas, she can safely get down by herself.

 

Malachi put putty in Maya's hair. I. Oils not get it out. I thought I was going to have to cut it. But, I put soap in it and was able to comb it out. 

She loves to run around outside. I love how my backyard is fenced and I can let her run loose without any problems. 


Here's our garden this week. Things are growing great. We just put up tomato cages and a trellis for one of the cucumbers. We also learned we have caterpillars eating our brussell sprout leaves. We picked off about 30 in one day. I need to come up with a solution to save the brussell sprouts. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment