Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pregnancy Update


I do want to look back some day and remember how this pregnancy has gone. I'm currently at 28 weeks and am amazed at how fast time has gone. I haven't gotten anything ready for the baby, I'll think about it after Christmas. There's not much to prepare since I already have all boy stuff. Just mental preparation and to prepare Levi. Levi helps me out when I babysit his friend Carson, so I think he will be a great helper when the baby comes. Levi is so cute and says "baby" and pats my belly.

I feel great. I had a few episodes of nausea before I knew I was pregnant (that's how I suspected I was pregnant in the first place). But no vomiting or sickness at all. I try to exercise a few times a week and I'm so busy with Levi that I hardly know I'm pregnant. I am starting to get a big belly. I can still wear my normal clothes, which is good because only have one pair of maternity pants. I haven't even wore my maternity shirts yet. I'm really trying not to gain as much weight as I did last time. I just have to go easy on the sweets, which I have been horrible at lately because of all the holiday baked goods people give us.


I don't have any edema (swelling) yet, I'm just waiting for this to happen. I haven't really even had heartburn yet, though I did buy some tums so I'm prepared. I have started sleeping with a pillow under my belly, it's way more comfortable but yet a hassle to switch the pillow around every time I roll over. I do get up about 3 times a night to use the restroom and have for a few months now. I've just gotten to the point that I have to push my belly up to see the very bottom of it. The only other thing that  has changed is Adrian says I'm a bit more moody, particularly grumpy and mean. Which I have actually noticed I do get irritated more often than normal lately.



I have no complaints (which is good because nobody wants to hear them). I have been so blessed to have easy uncomplicated pregnancies. The hardest part so far seems to be coming up  with possible names to give this kiddo!

2 comments: