Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


We had big plans for this past Thanksgiving. It would just be our little family again and the past two times we've been on our own I have never cooked anything and made an actual Thanksgiving dinner. Well, this year I just couldn't go without the yumminess that Thanksgiving brings so we planned and cooked our own dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, pies, salad and for the first time I made rolls from scratch. After hours of slaving away in the kitchen we sat down to devour our delicious meal. It was just about then that we both didn't feel well and we thought it was because we hadn't eaten all morning, so we hurried and ate our delicious meal. Sadly, we had eaten something the day before and had food poisoning and spent the next 12 hours in the bathroom emptying ourselves of any food substance in our body. It was absolutely awful. Fortunately, Levi was not sick. But he was quite neglected as both his parents were nauseous every time they moved. I kept telling Adrian that I was only in labor with Levi for 9 hours and that the sickness we had felt worse than labor. (I'm sure it actually wasn't, but we were miserable.) We thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers of our feast for the next few days. Adrian enjoyed the pumpkin pie so much he whined every time I had a piece because that meant less for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment